I know that I should be pessimistic about actually getting the Glowforge in June. I was barely in on the crowdfunding campaign, but that deadline of October 25th listed in the “Latest Schedule Updates” banner at the top of every page has me so excited. I’ve been trying to think of things to make since I made my purchase, but now I feel like I can actually start working on my designs and such. My wife is also excited about it, but when asked she can’t really come up with anything specific. I know that there was that question of the day about what the first thing we would make would be, and I’m pretty sure I answered there, but now, I don’t know how I’m going to decide what to do first.
Thus far my list consists of the following:
- Card catalog drawers (I bought an old filing cabinet at a yard sale and I want to make custom inserts to store and sort my Magic: the Gathering cards)
- Board game inserts - These are inserts that go into a board game box to sort the components and keep them neat during storage and transport (Broken Token Inserts). I love these things but can’t bring myself to pay the money for them… now I can make my own!
- A phone stand/charging station for my desk at work
- I’m very excited about living hinges and want to incorporate them into my designs.
- I want to make art/decoration for my game room (laser-etched canvas with game themes)
- Custom game components (like tokens, dice etc…)
As you can see most of my thoughts revolve around games and the gaming world. I browse these forums and scour YouTube and the internet in general for laser-cut ideas all the time, and I’m starting to pick up materials so that I’m ready to go when the Glowforge finally arrives.
I am greatly anticipating the future and all of the possibilities that Glowforge offers. (Though I am fully aware the volitile nature of this industry and the fact that a delay could pop up at any moment, so my anticipation is somewhat tempered by that).
Anyway, what do you have on your lists of “I MUST MAKE THIS ASAP!”?