So much better than a Cameo!

Some of the metallic / holographic / sparkle HTV is actually vinyl. It is well documented, but be warned.

I would never be able to replace my vinyl cutter with the glowforge; at 4’ wide it is still too small for certain projects.

12 Likes

Gorgeous, gorgeous! I think I’ll have to take a year off work when mine arrives.

1 Like

It came out great. What material did you cut?

this is beautiful! i wonder how it would be to etch where lines cross or touch. i want to do celtic designs when i receive my GF and this lends itself to a lesson with cut lines and etched lines. this is an open question to anyone and Karaelena, thank you so much for sharing your terrific design.

Have you tried cutting htv with the gf yet?

Cutting works great, but etching HTV is an art I haven’t mastered. I can’t quite get the settings down in order to cleanly engrave away just the color layer, leaving the backing. I’ve come close, but always have a little residual color on the clear sheet. It also takes so long for a big engrave. I might try it again if I have really intricate designs that would be impossible to weed. Otherwise, I find weeding kind of therapeutic. Unless you have to do a hundred of the same design. :dizzy_face:

incredible!

Terrific! Would you mind sharing your settings? Thanks, great job.

But now every time I search for the settings I find your post suggesting to search for “cardstock settings” :thinking:

3 Likes

That Seklema Mat is pricey. I might try repositionable spray on BB.

1 Like

I use sticky spray on Home Depot tempered hardboard. The smooth side is perfect for super-flat paper tacking, and it’s a bit more resilient to scoring than softer BB.

3 Likes

Fab idea. Will try that.

1 Like

Another beautiful work that needs some new exposure! #necrogame

2 Likes