So much better than a Cameo!

As my husband mentioned, I’ve been waiting not-so-patiently for this low-power mode, and now that it’s here I’ve been doing a non-stop happy dance. Here is my first attempt at a low power cut that could have never worked on a vinyl cutter:

:smiley:

155 Likes

OH so pretty.
What material am I looking at?

4 Likes

That detail is incredible! Nice :hedgie:

3 Likes

WOW that is crazy small detail

2 Likes

So delicate and pretty!! Fantastic!

4 Likes

It’s textured cardstock I got from Walmart so no real details on the packaging…I’m guessing around 65 pound weight?

20 Likes

So nice! What’s the size of that thing?

1 Like

230mm (~9") diameter, the little swirls have a thickness of about 1.5mm

11 Likes

This is so cool! I am so happy with these results!

3 Likes

Oh wow. Pretty decent size then. Really fascinating to look at I must say. Reminds me of the ironwork we had on my basement steps when I was a kid.

2 Likes

Hopefully this helps with visualizing the sizing:

48 Likes

Oh wow Kara - I love this!

10 Likes

If it feels about the thickness of manilla hanging folder cardstock, it’ll be about 110-125lb weight

6 Likes

As a crafter with a digital cutter (I have a BossKut) - this is so much nicer. I hate cutting paper with it. I wish we could cut decals with the Glowforge. Can wait until ours comes

7 Likes

Looks like my cameo will cut just vinyl in the future :grin:

19 Likes

Beautiful!

1 Like

I’ve cut out some designs by hand for birthday and anniversary cards for my wife, but never this intricate. The Glowforge will so up my game when I get it!

3 Likes

Share a peek at your settings???

6 Likes

I cannot tell you how much it means to me to see folks making things like this!

20 Likes

Stunning! And just think–no more worn blades, no more digging all the waste bits off the sticky mat…

10 Likes