Sodas and Sucralose

From what I remember, they put a cap on how much Dr Pepper Dublin was allowed to produce/sell and somehow they were in violation of it.

There’s no substitute for the O.G.

1 Like

Be careful with that, a lot of the Mexican Cokes are starting to use high fructose syrup too. Sucks, I know. Used to get Dublin Doctor Pepper till Snapple decided to let corporate greed go front and center. Now I’m ranting🤔

If you look you can find sugar versions of several sofas now.

1 Like

http://www.pepsi.com/en-us/-/1893

This stuff is pretty tasty. Real sugar and flavor/caffeine from kola nuts.

Yeah, I like the 1893!

2 Likes

Amazon ordering is evil! I just got a 12 pack :japanese_ogre: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Caleb’s Kola is also very good… another Pepsi product.

2 Likes

I live in the Peoples Republic of California. Some cities are trying to tax sugary drinks (i.e. soda). It is only a matter of time before the nanny state forbids you from drinking anything but water and eating anything but salads. Bon appetite. :imp: - Rich

6 Likes

yeah but then given your drought they’ll insist you can only drink 1 glass of water for free a day and the rest has to go Almonds?

3 Likes

I like almonds. But the farmers in CA have to beg for water, it all goes to the Delta Smelt. - Rich

Careful, this is getting dangerously close to a political discussion. We are trying to avoid that.

5 Likes

All I’ll say is that I’m glad I got out of CA!

1 Like

Hubs says when he went to Portland (I think it was Portland - they all run together after a while) for some salmon fishing, some steak house they ate at wouldn’t let him have a medium-rare steak.

That’s just wrong.

(Of course I like mine medium well, so I had to rag him on it a bit, but the nanny-state has gotten so ridiculous lately it makes me want to smack somebody.)

That ain’t political…keep your hands off my steak and my sodas, or suffer the consequences. Just gotten out of hand now.

9 Likes

+1! This is one of the few places I can go for ZERO political noise.

4 Likes

Sorry all. No politics here. - Rich

4 Likes

Jules, you’re sounding a bit like Bernadette from the Big Bang Theory there. LOL

4 Likes

You know, I’ve never seen that show, and my husband was really good buddies with the father of the star. (The nerdy one…Parsons.)

3 Likes

You should watch it sometime! It’s hilarious! I am constantly amazed about the different types of people that like it.

3 Likes

Ok, now I’ve done it. The whole forum probably hears Bernadette’s voice in their head when they read your posts now. I’m sorry! :slight_smile:

3 Likes