Solid orange button

Moved my Glowforge back into the house for the winter and when I plugged it back in, all I get is the solid orange light. Have been go ogling it but can’t find an answer as to what this is.

Orange is usually a temperature issue - it may be that it’s still too cold from being outside? If it’s been inside for a while, and you’re within normal operating temps (and if you’re venting to the outside you’ve got something preventing cold air from coming back through your vent) - it can also be that a cable is disconnected, so take a careful look around and see if you can see anything questionable.

2 Likes

How cold did it get while sitting outside? Even not running there is a minimum temp it should not go beyond.
Also the orange light is activated by sensors, that are wired through the white cable so any interference there or with the connection from the cable to the head will give you the orange light no matter what or if there is a bad connection it can be intermittent.

Oh no, I’m sorry to hear about the trouble @richardallenklassen.

Your Glowforge features a closed-loop liquid cooling system that uses the air from the room to remove heat. It is designed to be used when the temperature next to your Glowforge is between 60 degrees Fahrenheit (16 Celsius) and 75 degrees Fahrenheit (24 Celsius). To check, put a room thermometer next to the right-hand side of the Glowforge; it draws in air from underneath, on the right.

You can try any of these things to improve performance:

• Power off your Glowforge when you are not using it.

• Just wait. Your print may take a little longer to warm up.

• If you are venting outdoors, ensure that extreme temperatures or humidity do not enter the Glowforge unit through the exhaust hose. Disconnect the hose from the outside air when the Glowforge is not in use.

If you are still running into trouble, please let us know the following so that we can investigate further:

1. A description of the things you tried and what happened

2. If possible, place a thermometer next to your Glowforge on the right-hand side and measure the temperature there; if not, estimate the room temperature

3. The date and time (including time zone) when you had the problem

4. Take a picture of the exhaust hose behind your Glowforge that includes the part where it connects to your Glowforge, and the part where it exits the room

Hello Jeremyh. I had the orange light come on today as I was running engraves. Each engrave was taking about 25 min. with about 2 min between to change the material. I turned off the laser and waited about 30 min then turned back on and print started but only lasts about 4 min and orange light comes back on. I have run my exterior inline fan to try to cool off, I have unplugged and re-seated the cable and still comes on. Will this eventually reset itself or do I need service?

Oh no, I’m sorry for the trouble @G-BOB. I’m afraid we can only support one customer per thread. Could you post a new topic in Problems and Support or send us an email at support@glowforge.com?

@richardallenklassen, are you still experiencing trouble with your machine?