[SOLVED] GF not engraving everything in the engrave group

Hey y’all!
So here’s my issue. I made an SVG with two component to be engraved by following the traditional steps, and when I look at my app dashboard both components are visible in the engrave tab, but for some reason the machine is only engraving one of two components. Any idea why this might be and how to fix it? It’s currently not engraving the heart logo at the bottom.
Available logo

Because the heart logo is duplicated. You have the same design elements on top of each other, which cancels each other out.

6 Likes

I see six of them in one group
Available logo
This has 5 of them turned off so should work

6 Likes

This worked perfectly! Thank you so much for saving my project. Out of curiosity for next time, how did you figure out that there were so many in one group and turn them off?

2 Likes

Can you elaborate? I’m trying to figure out how I did this incorrectly.

Which design app are you using?

At some point you duplicated the design elements.

Inkscape (and I’m relatively new)

On Mac, ⌘D will duplicate the selected object. If you did not create the design element yourself, the original creator may have done it.

I used CTRL+D to duplicate all of the elements at one point and then deleted it but I’m not sure how so many remained. Thank you for all your help!

Glad you figured it out.

1 Like

This is the older Inkscape but all are similar g825 is the group of all your hearts. Initially, they all had that eye logo and I just poked the bottom five in the eye closing them.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! That’s so helpful for the future!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.