Some creepy crawly bamboo inspiration

I know a few people will get some ideas from this.

Enjoy!! :beetle:

17 Likes

Oh wow, those are beautiful! And yes, it does give me some ideas. One of my friends is really, really into insects so this certainly gives me some ideas for a birthday present for her! :smile:

4 Likes

Wow that is insane.
Nice find

3 Likes

I can see it now…I make one of those beetles in walnut, leave it on the table…hubs comes home and smashes the #$%^& out of it. :smile:

7 Likes

Those are just astonishing. They’re so good that several of them give me the heebie jeebies.

(I’m a brave little toaster, but not when it comes to insects that can both jump and fly, i.e. mantids, grasshoppers, and crickets. YUCK.)

4 Likes

When I see such detailed art made by Japanese artists, I keep thinking about the intensity of observation and the dedication to minutiae that just are missing in my life. I took a walk in a field last week and I knew so little about what the many weeds and plants and flowers were, much less all the insects. How few butterflies can I name. This is so inspring.

6 Likes

Happy cake day!

3 Likes

Amazing! Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Can’t begin to think of a suitable comment. The photos just make my brain hurt with admiration.

:upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Happy Glowy Cake-day @marmak3261!!

1 Like