Some good luck?

So ended up with 1 day of skiing, the clearing snow was brutal on Tue but decided to get up crack of dawn Wednesday and drive up with my son. It was astonishing with 18" fresh powder and all day it continued to snow super hard. Not very often in NH you get knee deep powder to boof through… Drove back last night with aching muscles but a good end to the ski season (although it is slated to snow again this weekend…)

16 Likes

Where do you ski in NH? My skiing days are few and far between now but, back in the day, I skied a lot of the NH mountains.

2 Likes

that wind-blown ice tree (?) looks like a dragon! Awesome.

4 Likes

Or a Viper (BSG)

3 Likes

Beat me to it!

1 Like

I was thinking Dire Wolf.

3 Likes

Winter is coming.

4 Likes

I’been skiing at Cannon since I was a child. I remember the old tram where you got tickets for each individual car (tram car 27 now boarding - and we’d all go tromping out with tickets in our goggle bands). It is a state owned area, and I think the best skiing around (and way cheaper). But, you have to be a hearty soul, as the weather that gives it great snow, also makes it cold/windy… They just added over 500 new snow guns too…

2 Likes

That’s one I haven’t skied but we spend time in that area a few times a year. A friend owns the Gale River Motel a few miles up the road. My wife and I hope to build our dream log home in that area some day.

And I’m plenty familiar with the cold and wind of northern New England. I have had my eyes freeze open while racing a friend down a trail Sunday River in Maine.

The Old Man of the Mountain (the state symbol) was on the side of cannon until it fell.

Yeah. Every time I drove by it I thought I ought to stop and take a photo but I would think it’s been there for thousands of years. I can get it next time.

2 Likes

The snow has melted down to a few inches and things are still positive. I got a much needed loan to help cover the rest of the restoration after the flood.

I’m still itching to laser- just need to get one of those golden ticket emails or the temps to stay warm to bust out old red.

3 Likes

LMAO! Mine is “baby blue” :smile:

The 60W is red but is inside (not garage bound) so doesn’t get to take a winter vacation.

Ok, I meant to do this a while ago when I first saw it, but my life got real hectic for minute there. I had a few hours to kill at the airport, and remembered that I had slipped the pic onto my iPad, so…

@henryhbk here is the dragon that I thought I saw in your photo.

I hope your son is ok with me swapping his skis and poles for a sword and shield. This is for him to help protect the dragon, not for him to hunt it.

I don’t know why it has kitty cat legs and paws.

11 Likes

It’s a sphinx-dragon. :grin:

6 Likes

Close. Clearly it’s a Luck Dragon…

6 Likes

Yes!
Thank you!
Clearly, a Luck-Dragon is exactly what I… um… planned?

3 Likes