Some interesting nuggets in here! - repost of fireside chat with Dan

I had a stranger buy my glowforge by running a stop sign and piling into my fully restored custom '66 Mustang.
I thought HE was going to cry.
I opted to take the $5,000 and do it all myself.
I spent the summer replacing the passenger rear quarter panel. Unibody so cutting and welding were required.
Instead of just the panel with a blended paint repair, I painted the entire car, new upholstery, dashpad, LED exterior lighting and had $3,000 left… Then I tripped over the Glowforge.

I really owe the guy a thanks!

4 Likes

I just gave my 3 month notice at my full time job. Man, I’m a little scared, but super excited. :smiley: June can’t come sooner!

1 Like

Wow. We are here cheering you on.

1 Like

Thanks man!

Now THAT’S Glowforge commitment! You will be great. I’m sure it is a bit scary, but you will be so glad you did it. Congratulations on your new life!

1 Like

Thank you. I may be homeless in a year, but if not, it’ll be worth it!

You’ll never know until you try! I wish you the best of luck.

1 Like

Wait, didn’t you say you were living with your parents. :wink:
Just kidding, good luck!

Haha, funny. But also sad because it’s true. Haha!

Only sad if you are just sitting around playing video games and eating their food. …
You have developed a plan and pursuing a dream!

True that! No bumming around here!

Well, you’ve got a great support system here: we’d all like you to succeed!

3 Likes

Thanks man, I’m excited to see all us give this a go!

When I first saw your post I was amazed at your risk tolerance and optimism. Then I saw a new job announcement for Glowforge Controller. In the job description it says, “If you relish the challenge of growing a small company from tens of millions of dollars in pre-orders to billions in revenue, you’re going to have an amazing time at Glowforge.” Now that is optimism. BTW: wish you success.

1 Like

Haha! Love it. There’s something to be said for reckless abandon!

Just use one of the online box-generators and print out a new box to live in on the GF!

1 Like

Haha! Genius!

Dont forget to cut a glowforge vent hole!

1 Like

Haha! Right, Just you wait. First full size laser cut house! Haha

1 Like