Some parts of drawing did not cut

Hi there!

I just had a student send a cut to the Glowforge and it did not complete the job/cut all of the pieces of the design. I noticed that the pieces that did cut were highlighted in red in the job setup window while the ones that did not cut were blue. I didn’t see anything about that in the tutorials and then class ended and she left, so I didn’t have time to look more closely at the issue.

Just wondering what I am missing here.

Thanks in advance!

The parts that didn’t cut may been outside of the print area if any part of the object is in the grey shaded area, the whole object won’t print. Maybe these parts were too far to the side.

2 Likes

Thank you! I will check that tomorrow!

Editing to note that they’ve fixed this - Woot!

Summary

or if you press the teal button before the entire design has rendered on the print pop-up the ones that hadn’t rendered yet won’t always print

I wait until I see the whole design disappear (and start again) before I hit teal!

Which teal button?

The one on the Glowforge - the one people put escutcheons on…

1 Like

It’s supposed to be white :slight_smile: but it has a cool tint to it.

On a design with a lot of elements, sometimes you can (could?) push print before all of the elements rendered in the background. I don’t see the problem pop up much anymore, so not sure what that means.

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know about this. I’m sorry your print didn’t turn out the way you expected. As @jbmanning5 pointed out, there was once an issue with our software that would allow a user to press “Print” before artwork had finished rendering in the Workspace - as a result, only the rendered portions of the design would be printed. That issue should now be resolved. Additionally, this problem would only occur on designs containing a large number of drag groups. I extracted the logs from your Glowforge to investigate, and it appears that the box from your print had a very small number of drag groups.

It does appear that one of the boxes in your design is just a pixel or two shorter than the others. This box printed successfully, but the others did not. It’s likely that @bill_laba is correct, and the other boxes were positioned off the material. Could you please open your design in the app one more time, select the same material that was used for yesterday’s print, and let me know what you find?

This should be part of the updates. The team definitely deserves the accolades. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.