Some people just want to watch the world burn

I cycle naming my networks with historic infamous malware names.

10 Likes

do I need to mask all materials and what do I mask them with?? Where do I buy it from when I know what it is??

Are you referring directly to something in this thread? Not sure what you’re asking about specifically. Have you already made some things with your Glowforge? Not sure where to start with helping you.

3 Likes

I need to make a commemorative sign for our makerspace. That’s brilliant.

2 Likes

Our mom’s was “John Jim Tom dan, darn it get over here now.”

To her deathbed she would have to go thru the list…

5 Likes

This is what you are looking for. Generally, anything that burns could be masked, but the smoke stain can be removed with alcohol or ammonia. When you are cutting through material the back should be masked because the laser reflects off the bed and will mark the back.

2 Likes

Masking is a choice. If, like Proofgrade, the material you’re using is already finished the smoke marks mostly just wipe off. Unfinished material will get a smoke mark that can be cleaned, but also preserved if you like it. It’s not a yes/no question, it’s a decision to be made with each project. There are lots of threads on here talking about individual choices as far as masking goes. Check out #2 here for some links:

3 Likes

That made me laugh. It’s like say this three times fast. Couldn’t do it. :smile:

2 Likes

She eventually had 4 more to add to the list. Now that was funny.

3 Likes

I guess as they thought it was a restroom, someone was just resting their brain. What is unusual about that? Mentioning that a tiny mind was hanging out in the restroom would have been just rude
:grin:
I found where someone had lost their mind in a restroom, but in that case, it looked more like an expensive cell phone (which they never came back for and was thrown in the trash)
:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Love this.