Something went right finally…

I made this before on a piece of maple proofgrade, but wasn’t a fan of the thin medium. And it was pre finished and I don’t think the 3d effect was unite as effective. This time I used a basswood slab from michael’s and I’m much happier with it. This is from 805Laserspot on Etsy. I also cropped out frame he designed it with so I could go edge to edge with the image. My daughter’s going to love it.

118 Likes

Beautiful job, I especially like the raw edges.

7 Likes

That’s very nice. I always have been amazed by the dimensionality that 805Laserspot designs achieve. You did a great job choosing the material and I love the edge-to-edge design. I am sure your daughter will cherish it.

8 Likes

A stunning result!

6 Likes

Oh wow! Who wouldn’t love that. It turned out beautiful!

8 Likes

Wow this is really gorgeous! Wonderful choice of medium.

5 Likes

They do incredible design and you do incredible execution.

7 Likes

A really amazing piece! :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

That is jaw-dropping.

5 Likes

Got that design too awhile back - it is stunning.
Great looking on that wood.

5 Likes

Beautifully done!

3 Likes

I love your choice of material! That turned out really well.

3 Likes

Wow! Sure teh design is neat, but that the GF can pull that off is stunning. I get the feeling that I am not using my laser to its fullest potential!

8 Likes

Lovely. :heart:

1 Like

Wow. That looks amazing with with wood you selected!

5 Likes

Excellent results! How did you clean it may I ask?

4 Likes

Wow! I forgot that 3D engraving was even a thing, it’s fairly rare to see examples. And what an example!

4 Likes

No cleaning needed. This is a very low power engrave; settings for Glowforge included with the digital file. There’s another one I intend to make on a basswood round. I’m going to sand that one first since it is end grain.

5 Likes

The result is really breathtaking.

4 Likes

Yes it does - but 805LaserSpot’s designs aren’t actually 3D, they just look it - and WOW do they look it.

8 Likes