Something's wrong again

Continuing the discussion from Something's wrong:

Hope you guys are finding something. Again, had my 'forge on for a couple of hours. Ran a few jobs today without issue.

Within a few minutes of running one job, I tried to run another job and got “We’re sorry something went wrong.” I clicked “Okay.” Then it went to “Calibrating.” Then it went Offline! Then it went Calibrating. Then Offline. Now Calibrating again. This is all right around 23:00 EST. Once again, no issues with WiFi in my entire house, including the Glowforge room. This feels very similar to the issue I had earlier in the week. Except now it’s sitting here saying “Calibrating” for the past 6 minutes. I’m going to go bounce it.

Additional: Before I could even get up, it finished calibrating and says “Ready.” This is the 2nd time I’ve seen it say “Offline” this week. My previous was after canceling a job. This time was after the mysterious “Something went wrong” error. In both cases it was after some dialog took place. Both times “Offline” is not likely to have been what was actually happening. Seems like something else.

Additional additional: Job is running.

2 Likes

I would guess that “offline” in these cases means that the GF has temporarily stopped talking to the cloud, as it might when rebooting or restarting some internal service or other.

Thanks @Tom_A, if this happens again, please let continue to let us know the date and time. Your feedback (once again) will help us make the product better for everyone!

1 Like

I can tell you it’s being doing this exact thing to me also multiple times today. For instance, in the last 20 minutes (between 1800 and 1820 on Sat 30 Dec 2017 PST)

1 Like

I’m so sorry for my late response.

I can tell you it’s being doing this exact thing to me also multiple times today. For instance, in the last 20 minutes (between 1800 and 1820 on Sat 30 Dec 2017 PST)

@alexbbrown, we try to keep to one topic per post in the Problems and Support section. If you haven’t already, can you create a new post with this question?

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.

1 Like