Something's wrong

Had my 'forge on for a couple of hours. Finally went to go cut something. Pressed Print. It said Preparing your print or whatever it says. And I had a thought… “Am I using the right version?” So I clicked cancel. Well, I was using the right version. Clicked Print again. All of a sudden my Glowforge reported Offline! What the heck?! Okay. Fine. It’s pissed off I canceled the job. I bounced it. Went from Calibrating to Ready to Offline. What… in the hell. Okay. I bounce my router just for fun. And for extra fun, bounce the Glowforge again. It calibrates, says Ready. I hit Print. It’s just sitting there saying “Scanning your material” and “Uploading.” 15 minutes have gone by. Nothing. Something’s wrong.

1 Like

Update: Bounced the 'forge again. Took longer than expected but, after a couple minutes, it has moved onto Preparing your design. And now it’s ready for me to push the button.

Something happened here. The likelyhood of it being my WiFi is extremely low since every device I own was still connected and operating without issue. I’d really love it if Support would examine whatever logs they have for my unit from ~18:05 EST to ~18:40 EST.

Thanks!

1 Like

That’ll teach you to make it do all that work and then say “never mind”. :wink:

1 Like

I’m not sure if this could in any way be related, but a friend of mine posted this today. (I have to admit I’m very ignorant about the whole cloud thing…)

Oh, it could have been. But it wasn’t in this case. :slight_smile:
No this was clearly something very odd with my Glowforge. Haven’t experienced it before, hope to never experience it again.

1 Like

Matrix failure for sure
index

2 Likes

that affected my office pretty hard for nearly two hours today.

1 Like

Obviously you all were imagining it becasue the companies deny it happened lol

1 Like

I had the unit go ‘offline’ for a short time yesterday. Restarting both the machine and the browser seemed to correct it, but I had never seen that behavior.

1 Like

I’m going to close the thread since your Glowforge is working now, but I also want you to know that we are researching what happened. Thank you for letting us know about it – it helps us make the service better!