Sometimes enough is not enough - Rabbit Hole Syndrome

Ever have that problem where you just keep designing things to go with your work?

“Needed” to have a working RR Crossing sign to go with the train set. Trying to keep the imaginary villagers safe. Pretty quick design maybe about 20 minutes and cuts in about 4 mins. I like those kind of files. 1/8" MDF. LOL

I will be putting up the entire set this weekend. It took forever to get the drawings ready for the instructions. LOL

52 Likes

It has been my observation that enough has never been enough for you. Your designs and execution are totally over the top. You set a very high bar — again and again.

22 Likes

Thank you so much! I really appreciate that. I just keep coming up with things that “need” to go with the set. It is endless. HAHA

10 Likes

Not to the extent that you do. :wink:
(But since I love seeing the results, i don’t consider that a bad thing.) :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

8 Likes

HAHA. Ok I will definitely own up to the fact I go a little overboard. But I have to admit that when I really love a project, the designs basically draw themselves. LOL

10 Likes

Your projects all fit together with this theme. Glowforge definitely needs to give you a kickback on draft board sales. Very beautiful work. :blush:

9 Likes

Wow it’s all adding up to be quite the mini movie-set!

5 Likes

You definitely win in that regard… and to that end, we all win!

5 Likes

You do realize, of course, that to go along with the railroad crossing sign, you need to have the arms that come down to keep the villagers from crossing onto the tracks when the train is coming? Ooh-ooh - and how about a turntable?!! Just trying to add to your collection. :grinning:

I absolutely love your whole train setup.

9 Likes

It is the finish, the details the extras that take the project from great to fantastic! Those extras always find a way to sneak in. Nothing worse than a half baked design.

5 Likes

Your stuff is always amazing!! This is so cool!

4 Likes

HAHA…the arms does go up and down. I actually thought about the turntable - great minds. I am sure I will come up with more.

6 Likes

I totally agree. I love when the designs come easy. I guess that is why I just keep making stuff. LOL

4 Likes

Thank you!!!

3 Likes

Ah, I didn’t see the arm! Now I do!

4 Likes

Yeah, I should have painted it. See you would have tried to walk on the tracks. So much for me keeping the villagers safe!!! :wink: :rofl: :joy:

3 Likes

I probably would have! My husband always tells me I have tunnel vision and that I need to look where I’m going. :rofl:

5 Likes

The problem is that when your tools are insufficient you settle for what you have done. When your tools get to be as good as we have here… Then you go “well that was easy… I think I’ll add this this and maybe a few of those.” Just think of the things we’ll be making in 10 years from now. :rofl:

9 Likes

Exactly. I mean we really are only creating things by merging boxes, circles, curves and lines. doesn’t get any simpler than that!

4 Likes

This is an awesome set! My 3 year old twin grandsons would love it! One of them watches videos of trains all day long while he’s playing with his Thomas the train set. I would love to make them one of these! They are so particular over their train sets! Yes, they have many many train sets! Thanks for sharing your ideas!

5 Likes