Sometimes it’s the small things

I use my Glowforge every day, and make a lot of complicated things, but sometimes it’s the really simple things that really make me love this thing more.

My mailbox has a flag for when it’s been opened, and came with some really crappy stickers that rolled up in a few months.

I woke up super excited this morning when I remembered I had some opaque yellow acrylic in a scrap bin somewhere. Just enough to remake the flags for my mailbox =)

44 Likes

Nice!

2 Likes

Major improvement!

2 Likes

Practical cut!

3 Likes

That is just dandy!

1 Like

Really classy looking.

1 Like

I love these practical cuts.

3 Likes

I like living in a world where statements like this are perfectly natural.

5 Likes

That bright yellow itself is a fine upgrade!

I love waking up with a solution! Seems that sleep clears the detritus of the day, and you wake with your answer clearly in focus.

It happened to me recently. I bought new sconces for lighting my new deck, really nice aluminum construction, but smaller than I expected. So small in fact that they were smaller than the included standard fixture mounting bracket…
Google Photos

Well, that wasn’t going to suit me.
Next morning I woke with the clearest image of a sheet of thick black acrylic in my materials stack :sunglasses:

Google Photos

The gloss finish on the acrylic contrasts nicely with the matte finish of the fixture.
A few minutes in Inkscape and less time in the laser. It took less time to make the parts than to install them!

10 Likes

Ooooo nice. Major improvement.

I just bought a new house and am planning on remaking a good portion of the interior with laser made things. Wall panels, cabinets, doors etc

3 Likes

Oh cool! Enjoying the work area design in the new space? Or probably still have your hands full just moving in…

2 Likes

That happens to me as well. using the forge to make a tool or a holder or to add some flare to things. I usually think about how i dont like something for a month or how difficult something is to do then i remember there is a laser cutter in the next room and kick myself lol.

3 Likes

oh its been amazing. I had about 2 weeks of clean, organized garage before I had to tear it apart for more new gear. now its getting full again, but totally worth it! I got a super sized laser beside my glowforge now, so the possibilities have increased at an amount inversely proportionate to that of my garage space hahaha

4 Likes