Song lyrics plaque

:proofgrade: Walnut and cherry with draft board backing.

70 Likes

Wow! Just wow! That’s gonna be a tear-jerker! :hugs:
(And I love how you used hearts as joins in the ring.)

9 Likes

Dude, I wish I could give that more likes!

I love that you made the text spiral like an LP groove.

9 Likes

Oh, now that is really, really nice. I love the concept, and you did a fantastic job on it!

5 Likes

Now everyone knows why I was trying to figure out how to put text on a spiral!

11 Likes

Yeah, but wasn’t expecting such a sweet result! :hedgehog:

2 Likes

Outstanding dude! What a great piece. :+1::sunglasses:

5 Likes

OK now, Mark…lately you have been heaping praise on me…now it’s my turn. This is just beautiful! I love that you made it like a record…and the lyrics…well, it’s just the sweetest. It’s perfect that you made it out of two different woods. Really, it’s wonderful!

3 Likes

You guys! I think I’ve gotten over the imposter syndrome and then you pile these accolades on me and I realize that I have not. Maybe I’ll never shake it completely but positive remarks from people whom I really respect their work certainly helps.

Thank you all.

8 Likes

We’re all our own worst critics. I hope someday you’ll really believe that you really ARE that good!

3 Likes

Gorgeous!!

2 Likes

This turned out amazing. It’s my wife’s Christmas present. It never even occurred to me until I was reading it a few minutes ago that it’s like an LP, lol. I can’t wait for the glue to dry so I can hide it.

8 Likes

I suddenly feel old…

5 Likes

Welcome to @david.farris1984 we worked together on this one. Normally it is a pita to have a customer right there with their ideas but in Davids case, it is just the opposite. Lots of good ideas and input. We’ve worked together so many times now I gave him the keys to get in here and try designs while I am at work. That sharing thing works for those you trust.

7 Likes

Gave me the keys, hahaha. That’s one way of putting it. I showed our daughters this morning, they were floored. I got all the pieces glued together tight and stacked about 5000lbs of books on top since I don’t have any small clamps. The tolerance between pieces surprised the heck outta me. Those things are snug man.

4 Likes

Wow! That’s really neat…and beautiful!

2 Likes

Beautiful. Now you have to think of other projects that use text spirals to keep your skills sharpened!

2 Likes

Great idea

1 Like

This came out so sweet @markevans36301 ! The accolades are well deserved - accept them, and believe them.

3 Likes

Amazing!!

1 Like