Soon time to say goodbye to a good friend - and welcome the one that will stay

New record for me, waiting this long for an email - although the real wait ended 7 months ago.
Since then I have had the distinct privilege of having a pre-release glowforge at my disposal. It taught me a lot and led me into a new world of creative possibilities. That’s why I see it as a friend and have been in no rush to reply.
It also gave me the advantage of knowing this machine well, before I even touch mine. No words for the degree of gratitude I feel for the company.
For this occasion, I have been saving something …

I shall raise a glass to Dan and his team - and my good fortune of finding glowforge at a perfect time in my life. I think I’ll go reply now. :sunglasses: :champagne:

42 Likes

Congratulations and it is true what they say. As good as my PRU was, Helios is built tighter with images to cut being within a kerf or so!

8 Likes

Sad to say goodbye to your PRU … but, very exciting to see the beautiful new gleaming Glowforge on your table!

4 Likes

Thanks, Mark!! I look forward to the improvements, But ever since I cut through 1/2" of oak (100% power before the update and 4 IPM) I have wondered if this build had a pro tube in it. It might sting a little to give up what I’m used to.

@ptodd, yes! Mixed emotions.

7 Likes

Bittersweet congrats. You have meant so much to this forum, just cranking out the stuff and helping so many. Here’s to a great PRU. Long live your production unit.

5 Likes

Congrats! (And the new one will quickly take the sting away…it’s better. By a lot!) :smile:

4 Likes

I’m excited for you and can’t wait to see what you do next!

2 Likes

Yay! Your PRU has contributed a lot to this forum and I’ll bet your production unit does the same.

2 Likes

I can not answer to the capacity of basic as I got the pro. I can tell you that the pro plows through 1/2 BB just great. My cnc router is seeing less and less use.

5 Likes

I raise my glass to all my friends here as well. Thank you for Humbling me with your skills, patience, and help! This place is special. Cumulatively we are a force. (don’t let that go to your head, that’s the champaign talking) :crazy_face: :tada:

8 Likes

:champagne:

2 Likes

Congrats on this bittersweet moment. Thank you for sharing your experiences with the PRU. It helped many of us as we battle our learning curves.

2 Likes

Well put. Pushing up against the walls of our ignorance. The door is open, you just have to put your shoulder into it.

2 Likes

Hooray! Delighted to hear you can now print to your laser!

4 Likes

Congrats! 1/2" oak notwithstanding, you are going to be delighted and amazed by the low power “precision” settings possible with fully-profiled production units. :+1: :sunglasses:

1 Like

Congratulation on the notification of your forever GF!

Thank you for all you have shared with all of us as you tested and learned about the PRU.

1 Like

I sold my K40 for $200 the other day. I can’t say I felt the same way.

I paid essentially $150 to play with it for that time. Well worth the investment!!

5 Likes

I considered purchasing a K40, but already had so many other activities begging for my time I decided to just wait for my GF and spend more time here on the forum.

Glad you were able to sell yours and enjoyed the learning experience.

2 Likes

The Northern Colo-Glowster salutes your PRU :raising_hand_man:

1 Like

Parting with a Good Friend, last look at my beloved pre-release.
Thank you Glowforge!

10 Likes