SORRY! (After Dark Edition)

COOLEST SORRY! GAME EVER!!! WOW!!! I loved that game too!!!

1 Like

Wow, LEDs make everything cooler! What a great build. Can I ask if you use the SketchUp model to create cutting paths? I’ve created paths out of SketchUp, but would be curious as to your method if you do as well.


I do not use Sketchup for the cutting paths, only the visualization. I own V-Carve Pro (which I use in my CNC efforts) and this is very useful for designing projects for the Glowforge too.

As the design firms up, I export geometry to DXF or SVG files. The DXF files are imported in Sketchup and extruded to create the 3D model. The SVG files go to the Glowforge for cutting.

The workflow is something I’ve honed since I built my CNC machine 10 years ago. Below is a capture of some of the design…

Ok, thanks much. I think I get it. Nice work flow for you with your CNC integration. Such a cool design!

1 Like

Thank you all for such kind comments about the project. Unfortunately, when we play-tested it last weekend, I found one aspect of the project wasn’t satisfying: the card deck.

Why I decided to make the deck separate is a question. Well, okay, not a question - it was easier than trying to embed it into the board which only offers about an inch of depth.

But, the play experience with the separate deck was awkward. If you put it in the middle of the board, it obstructed the view of the pawns. If you placed it off to the side, it was hard to reach for two of the players. Not the awesome experience I was gunning for.

So, I reworked the design. I decoupled the battery from the Raspberry Pi and liberated the speakers from their enclosure. Cut wires. Soldered wires. Cussed some. Redesigned the center badge. Cut new acrylic. Et cetera, et cetera.

So I now have the design I really wanted. The card deck is integrated with the board and there’s nothing to impede the view of the playing surface. A few pictures of the final result:


This is amazing! Great work!

1 Like

Love this so much!!! Nice work!

1 Like