Speaking of minis

I am so excited to share a picture of porch furniture I did for my gingerbread house. This is cut from 1/16 gingerbread and glued together with edible adhesive. I don’t have a banana, but it is about an inch tall and three quarters of an inch wide. This machine is really so awesome!

28 Likes

Love your minis!

4 Likes

Thank you! I have to shout out to the forum because I never would have figured it out without the tutorial on union vs combine vs group. It gave me everything I needed to know to make this work!

9 Likes

Yummy.

5 Likes

that’s awesome. makes me wonder if there is a market for some more intricate “kits” then what you can get at the box stores. I love the design though. Best of luck with the full application!

3 Likes

Very cute, and so much fun!

3 Likes

Thanks! Just wait till I get the fire pit done :slight_smile:

(and a few more chairs of course)

4 Likes

That’s amazing! This is something That I think will make some amazing Gingerbread houses this year!

2 Likes

Thank you, I can only hope mine turns out well. And who knows, maybe I’ll enlist your help on some gingerbread ball bearings :). I actually did that one year, made a carousel, but I used gumballs

I didn’t even know that edible adhesive was a thing.

1 Like

Ha, yes, it’s called “sugar” in some form or another. Very sticky but doesn’t hold up well in humidity.

4 Likes

Two friends of mine, one a chef and one not, made caramel, or brittle, or some sugar confection and the not a chef was telling me how good it was, but he had to clean the pots and how hard the caramelized sugar was to scrub off. I said, “you know sugar dissolves in water.” He asked, “even if it’s burnt on?” I replied, “let it sit and it’ll all dissolve. It’ll go faster if you boil the water.” He said, “do you think N— knows.” I answered, “Yup.”

3 Likes