Spice storage tins

I recently switched to magnetic spice tins for storage. I replaced the thin plastic tops with laser engraved versions. I am quite happy with how it came out.

71 Likes

That’s going right on my to-do list. I love labeling things. I made these with my vinyl cutter. 100% less pew-pew, though. :slight_smile:

37 Likes

Is that just the engrave showing up so white or did you paint after engraving? They look great!

3 Likes

I did the same thing long ago when I had several different types of salt. The vinyl cutter is a wonderful too.

3 Likes

Paint. In this case I engraved the acrylic and painted it before I remove the protective sheet. Other times I just score the material and remove the sheet in the places I want painted.

8 Likes

Love that effect - it’s so easily read! :grinning:

4 Likes

So cool! I want to do that. Would you care to share your source for the tins?

2 Likes

if you google magnetic spice tins, you can probably find some; they’re all over (i have very similar ones i bought locally).

1 Like

Those look wonderful!

1 Like

Add this to things my wife will want lol.

I’m so wanting to do this! Mine are labelled with a P-Touch label maker right now, which is severely lacking in style.

15 Likes

Impressed with both storage solutions!

2 Likes

Jealous! We can’t stick magnets on the front of our fridge. They stick okay on the side but since it’s tucked between a wall on one side and a counter & cabinets on the other there’s not a lot of real estate - and that’s reserved for impressive kid stuff :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We can’t either - it’s got a cabinet front on it. (Cool idea though - it would certainly save a lot of real estate inside the fridge door.) :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I got these at Cost Plus World Market. I bought two larger diameter tins for Bay Leaves and Cinnamon Sticks.

7 Likes

Such an amazing variety of spices!!

1 Like

Pretty sure I’m in love with this.
Consider the idea stolen.
Hmmmm… Wonder how I’ll repurpose the spice cabinet now…

1 Like

I love this. I should look into this with my fridge.

1 Like

what about using adhesive magnetic-receptive material to line the inside of a few cabinet doors, and sticking magnetic spice-jars to that?
https://www.magnummagnetics.com/magnetic-receptive-material/default.aspx

4 Likes

Interesting find.