Spiral Square Bowl/Cake Stand

Happy Free Design Friday Everyone!

Here is the Square Spiral Bowl and Cake Stand that I posted in the MOAG Category a couple of weeks ago. This was done in PG Medium Walnut. To change it from a bowl to a stand just flip the base over and attach it. I tried to get it on one board but that didn’t work. Print 2 additional square leg attachments. (Note: everything should fit pretty tight. If the center of the bowl doesn’t stay down on the peg just rotate the bowl 90 degrees and try it again)

This was created in Illustrator.

If you come up with improvements make sure post them!

Have a great Friday!!!

New_Square_bowl_10in_1.svg.zip (4.7 KB)

92 Likes

Neato! Thanks!

3 Likes

So awesome, thank you for sharing!

3 Likes

Wonderful share! Many thanks! :grinning:

3 Likes

I was trying to come up with a new design for today, but stupid work got in the way. LOL

5 Likes

Thanks! It was fun to figure out.

2 Likes

Caring is sharing :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It’s beautiful!

Thank you for sharing!

4 Likes

Thank you very much. Now I need a cake.

3 Likes

So glad - I can breathe again! Love this multi purpose design! I will make a few for presents to be sure.

2 Likes

LOL. I could use a cake or 2 myself!

LOL. Glad you like it!

1 Like

You’re saying you couldn’t quite fit it on 1 sheet of pg. When I open the file, it seems to fit just fine with room to spare. The bowl part itself comes to 8"x8", correct? or are we not speaking the same length? I do have my Inkscape set up so I don’t usually have any cross platform issues. Thanks!!!

The bowl is 10" Square. You need 4 of the outside leg extensions, there are only 2 on the drawing, you have to run 2 more.

2 Likes

Ok, thanks! So we’re 2" off somewhere in the translation…

1 Like

Apparently when you open an illustrator svg in inkscape it changes the proportions.

3 Likes

Yes, Inkscape imports Illustrator SVGs funny. Having an actual size (10" square) is very helpful.

2 Likes

Was totally an accident. I forgot about the 72/96 pixel thing in inkscape/. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I just LOVE this design. Thanks so much for sharing with everyone. You rock!

3 Likes

Thank you! Cool idea!

1 Like