Squeaky on right side when arm backs up

I am using a GF basic and suddenly its started making this squeak when the arm moves backwards. It only happens on the right hand side. I cant see debris in there and tried to wipe with a wipe.
What can I do?

Can you take a video of the sound, upload it to YouTube and then put the link here?

It’s so hard to diagnose descriptions of sounds! I’d try to narrow down exactly where it’s happening by turning off the machine and moving the arm backwards and forwards until you can find the exact spot - and then clean there…

1 Like

Can you go back and switch your video from private to unlisted?

Weird - now I get a URL, but it still won’t play because it says it’s listed as private.

Gah! Ok I made it public. It should work now??

1 Like

Yes! For the future this is what you’re looking for (under Manage Videos)

Ok - that sounds like rubber on metal, so most likely a belt issue. You can follow the instructions on support.glowforge.com and loosen the tension to the belt and check it for debris, or broken teeth, or anything else. Post photos of anything questionable (or of a perfect belt if you don’t find anything) so that when a staff member gets here they can skip right to getting you a replacement!

it seems like its the maybe the wheel making the noise, not the rubber. But I will check the belt

1 Like

HA. Mystery solved, do I ever feel like an idiot :woman_facepalming:
A magnet I was using to hold down a board somehow got lodged down there.

Good grief. lol

3 Likes

Thank you for your help. Lol,
Carry on, carry on.

1 Like

Yay for solving!!

2 Likes

I’m glad you resolved it! Thank you everyone for your advice. I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!