Stained "glass" clock

Noooooooooooo! Sneak peek? Or a good old fashioned contest for best gingerbread house by November!

1 Like

I have a friend who won a gingerbread house contest. They flew her to New York City and put her up for a few days. She was on some TV show with a couple other winners. It was great, not only for the winning and fifteen minutes of fame, but the trip isnā€™t something sheā€™d normally be able to do.

2 Likes

Well, I can show you one from a few years agoā€¦ laser unassisted :slight_smile:

Iā€™m afraid this year will be a boring old house where everything fits without sanding and with cool trim and hopefully some engraved gingerbread (not holding my breath on that one).

hogwarts_small

6 Likes

Wowsers! :open_mouth:

Bonus points if you recognize it! Iā€™m an adequate knock-off artist, not really great at coming up with my own stuff :slight_smile:

Is it Neuschwanstein? (Iā€™m pretty lousy at recognizing castles.) :upside_down_face:

Not a real castle. Zoom in over the chapel on the left to see if you can figure it out :slight_smile:

Maybe one of the Disney castles? (Sorry, Iā€™m just not the best castle person.) :smile:

1 Like

OK, this is a different playing field! That is amazing!

1 Like

Ok thatā€™s not a good picture to guess. Hereā€™s a better one. Think, movie, not Disney :slight_smile:

2 Likes

ROFL! Thereā€™s the problemā€¦I donā€™t watch a lot of movies either. Whatā€™s it from? :grinning:

Itā€™s Hogwarts :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks a bit like Hogwarts.

Edit - looks like you posted as I was typingā€¦

1 Like

We have a winner!

Oooooh! Of course it is! (I did actually see that one when it came out!)
How completely clever!

1 Like

Heh heh, I wouldnā€™t have recognized it either. Itā€™s just what the kiddo was obsessed with at the time, and by the time I finished it, couldnā€™t have cared less :slight_smile:

Iā€™m a bit too old to have been Hogwarts obsessed, and didnā€™t have any kiddies to drag me in, but thatā€™s a really good rendition. (And it did look a little familiar at that. The owl should have tripped me to it.) :sunglasses::+1:

1 Like

The bridge is a dead giveaway. Who can forget the final battle scene with Voldemort and the Death Eaters against Hogwarts?

1 Like

Ha, I donā€™t even think I saw that one

It was background in a couple of the movies in flyovers and such but it was the site of the final battle scene and where Harry broke the most powerful wand in the universe rather than wield it himself and command absolute power. He tossed the pieces over the side into the chasm.

1 Like