Star Wars Inspired Cutting Board

Created this cutting board for a friend who really loves Star Wars. Illustrations were done as vectors in Illustrator then rasterized and sent to GF at 540lpi. Board is Bamboo. I had fun with this one.! (excuse the slight blur under the etching - I had to remove the address :slight_smile:
SWCuttingBoard|666x500

15 Likes

33 Likes

So cool. Love this so much! :rocket:

3 Likes

Dumb question, what’t the benefit of rasterizing the vector before engraving? Looks great by the way!

2 Likes

Depending on the complexity of your vector, you might have lots and lots of nodes and intricate lines that all add up to issues in bringing it into the GFUI as too large or complex. Used to be a big bottleneck, not as much these days but still possible.

Turning it into a raster gives a manageable size that doesn’t choke. At least that’s why I might do it.

6 Likes

Awesome, appreciate the tip. So far, knock on wood, I haven’t had that issue. Only thing I’ve had is when I’m dumb and forget to hit “expand object” when dealing with text…

3 Likes

Very nice!

1 Like

Thanks so much!

I am a big admirer of your work!

2 Likes

Wonderful, now one for Dune given the Spice reference :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Fun!

1 Like

I’m very impressed with your design skills. The giftee will be thrilled!

1 Like

Thank you!

If you are using illustrator just save as a PDF and you don’t have to convert.

4 Likes

I did not know that…Thanks!

Or CorelDraw which gives you the option when saving as SVG. That’s my default and I still can treat it as text in the CDR file.

1 Like