Stargate/Anubis

Hi Everyone! I had been wanting to do something Egyptian themed for a while now…I also had been wanting to do something round with a Stargate. No idea why it took my brain so long to put 2 and 2 together, but here we are!

Now of course I know you can’t SEE through a Stargate, you walk through this silvery blue mercury-ish goo. But I would NOT have known how to color that. I could have gone full Stargate theme with an actual Jaffa from the film (note that I only ever saw the original movie, I never got in to SG-1, Atlantis, etc.), but instead, I landed on a more Earth-bound concept of what we as an early civilization may have perceived on the other side.

The camera can’t really pick up the engraving on the symbols very well because of the sheen, but they do look a little better than that. I thought about cutting out the clamps and popping those forward an extra layer for more dimension around the gate, but it was a lot of editing work and the perfectionist in me “fell asleep.”

Thanks for stopping and taking a look, and until next creation, Happy Forging!

57 Likes

Oh, nice! You’ve made the gate look like carved stone, which is a cool look.

8 Likes

Looks great…as usual!

4 Likes

A really nice job that! :heart_eyes: One easy way make something stick out is to engrave what is around it to stick back like the way the window and coins stick out here…

14 Likes

Oooh, that’s very pretty, I love it!

2 Likes

Can’t go wrong with anything Stargate related. I love SG-1!
Very nice

4 Likes

Very nice!

I cannot believe there’s a Stargate fan who hasn’t enjoyed at least some of the shows… that is a rare find. Are you Roland Emmerich? He apparently hates the TV shows, haha.

5 Likes

Excellent work! It looks like stone.

2 Likes

That looks great. I love Stargate and Egypt!

1 Like

That’s beautiful!
In case you hadn’t run across this one, some people go big!

3 Likes

That is undeniably awesome!

1 Like

Looks great

1 Like

That’s really awesome!

1 Like

I LOVE Stargate - and I’ve watched the entire SG-1 series! Started the others, but haven’t finished them. As always, terrific design!

3 Likes

Atlantis was pretty good.
Universe was terrible and I never found the more recent series about them finding the gate …but it was working back then?…but the movie and sg1 establish it didn’t ever work until the movie…
And that’s why I never bothered finding the episodes.

4 Likes

Stargate Origins was the back-in-Egypt prequel web series.

I was totally into the idea. Sure, they established that the gate never worked until modern times, but you can find a way around that. A Stargate show with some Indiana Jones era Nazi-fightin’ action? Sign me up for that!!

Even though I was open to the idea of the show it was just a stinker… it was like a student project. A junior high student project… just kind of terrible all around.

They did explain why no one remembered the gate had been fired up before, but like the rest of the show the explanation just wasn’t very good.

2 Likes

If one walked through a gate that was buried underground, one would not get very far. Throughout the whole series that was how they made them “not work” and the one they did use had a shield that would have the same effect on someone trying to use it without permission. There were/are a lot of issues with much of the series but I did not find that to be one of them.

The “zero point” module as an infinite power source was much more of a kludge.

1 Like

The issue I had was not with burying a gate to disable it but rather a convoluted plot device. Catherine Langford, the woman who spent a long time working on the gate per the movie and SG-1, was in Origins and they had to figure out a way to make her forget she knew more things about the gate. That was the clumsy part.

1 Like

Love that you’re always giving us something new to see! Awesome piece!

1 Like