Stargate model

This is amazing. Definitley one of my favorite projects I’ve seen posted.

Quick, someone combine this with those iris things to make it appear and disappear!

7 Likes

Very awesome, any chance you’d be able/willing to share your plans/designs/drawing and/or instructions for when we all get our gloweforges? I’d love to make something like this.

1 Like

Very nice! I’d love to see it with the added iris shield.

2 Likes

wow… that is awesome. I love that show… great detail work. I would have never thought of doing that, but you have given me a few ideas for similar projects. :wink:

2 Likes

But what if there are no Glowforges on the other side when you go through???

10 Likes

Awesome. That is super rad!

2 Likes

Fantastic! I’m working on a Stargate project myself. Started the design work just last week. I never thought of lighting though. That’s (pardon the pun) brilliant!

2 Likes

Awesome! youll have to post it up when you make some progress on it!
The cast acrylic works great with backlit engraving… It turned out really well. It will be even cooler with a greyscale engrave! I cant wait to make another one! The Ring too! Oh man that will look amazing in 3d!!! Now youve got me all excited again hahaha

2 Likes

Glad you’re excited! Yeah, my project is going to take quite some time. I’m planning mine for 3D-engrave from the start. I haven’t used Illustrator in over a decade. Honestly, I don’t make artwork like this. (I’m a musician, so an artist in a completely different way.) But I once designed a “working Stargate” for the game Unreal Tournament. I was able to do that from scratch to my liking. And that was back in the early '00s. Technology has gotten better since then so I figure I can do this!

My Stargate in Unreal Tournament (2002 I think it was):

9 Likes