Starlight Acrylic Ornament

Happy Sunday Everyone!

Sorry for the crappy pictures. Acrylic is hard to photograph. :slight_smile:

I had an idea late night to create a starlight mint ornament that looked like it was wrapped in cellophane…Acrylic to the rescue.

It’s 6" tall and 3 3/8" wide. PG Medium Acrylic. The circle is just paper I printed then cut on the GF. You can find the settings for cutting paper here Beyond the Manual - Glowforge Owners Forum. I just used regular 20lb copy paper then glued them to each piece of acrylic. Then glued the acrylic together engraved sides in. You can definitely use any kind of paper you wish, I would have used wrapping paper but don’t have any at the moment. I also had to use super glue because I couldn’t find any weld.

It takes about 18mins to engrave and cut. I have also given you the circle to cut as well. Just ignore it when you are cutting the Acrylic. This is a 2-sided ornament.

Hope you like! Have a great Sunday!!!

MintOrnament.pdf (415.8 KB)

29 Likes

Nice ornament. Thank you so much. Wrapping paper is on sale in stores right now. You may have to pick some up.

On a different note, is your beautiful advent ferris wheel loaded and in use?

3 Likes

Yeah I know i need to get some, I just hate going to stores…they are peopley. :slight_smile:

I just gave the Ferris Wheel to the intended recipient. They said they will take pictures to let me see the little one getting their goodies each day. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Great stuff (except I can’t stand mint… ) haha. :candy:

2 Likes

HAHA! Then definitely don’t eat the ornament!

3 Likes

Very cute and innovative design! Of course, considering the source. Thanks so much!

2 Likes

LOL. Thanks! Really simple design and I even used glue!

1 Like

Sweet!! I love it!!

3 Likes

Thanks!!!

3 Likes

So cute. Thank You

2 Likes

Very cute - nice detail in the way the end of the “wrapper” has a layered look (where the curves are offset).

2 Likes

That’s really the whole problem with stores. And malls.

4 Likes

I see what you did there…

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing this sweet file.

2 Likes

Such a fun design. Thanks for sharing it with us.

2 Likes