Start button does nothing. Its flashing blue and when I push it, nothing happens

When it flashes, press the button a little harder than you might think. I have found with mine that a simple tap doesn’t always register. I’m not saying sledgehammer here… Just press it “very intentionally.”

The wires all seem to be in tact. Nothing out of the ordinary under there. I have tried pressing “intentionally” and nothing changed. Keep the ideas coming. Im getting desperate over here.

If you’re still in warranty, at this point I’m out of ideas. Seems pretty clear it’s a bad button. But Support will need to confirm.

If you’re out of warranty, I’d temporarily replace the button with another button, then order a “real Glowforge button” from them.

Okay, don’t keep pressing it harder…it might not be the button after all.

Step through the steps involved in the writeup below and don’t skip anything but the lens cleaning bit…that isn’t going to apply here. But you need to check the Wifi and the cable connections.

I’m so sorry to hear about the trouble with the button. I see you have already emailed us about this and we are working on it there. So I’m going to close this thread.