Starting and Engraving/Cutting Support

My glowforge at first was not turning on immediately. I had to flip the switch 5-7 times, and then it came on. At least when it would finally come on, it worked. Now, the machine is losing power and not cutting or engraving? Same settings, same material, for some reason it’s not doing it this time. I’ve restarted, re-loaded as regular svg, design is object to path, settings set as recommended (again, I’ve done this at least 10 other times…) but for some reason now it’s not working. Any help would be greatly appreciated. It’s caused a lot of stress and frustration.

Have you tried the Gift of Good Measure?

This sounds to me like a possible failing power supply. I suggest waiting for a support response to confirm.

Agree on the power supply. The initial problem was most likely a failure to “boot” the supply correctly, indicating a problem. Now it’s not cutting correctly, that’s pretty much confirmed it.

I’m so sorry to hear about the trouble you’ve been experiencing. I’ve extracted the log files from your Glowforge to review your most recent prints, and compared it with all of the information you’ve provided.

Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news. I’ll now close this thread.