Starts print the stops (lid open)

good morning everyone so for the last few day I have had a problem where when I push the white button start to the print everything works as it should its revs up goes to the center and just as it gets ready to start the laser it stops and the app says lid open when it is not… cant figure out why can someone please help me thank you

Edit: after it says lid open for a few seconds it goes to scanning and gets stuck there til i restart glowforge

Welcome to the community! This thread should get official support from Glowforge, but in the meantime folks on here might be able to offer suggestions.

The only idea I have:
Lid sensors use magnets… so make sure you don’t have anything nearby that might be interfering with magnets.

thank you for quick response . I contacted support as well but as you stated I was hoping in the mean time community had some ideas. as far as your idea with the magnets if there was interference wouldn’t it show lid open the whole time? After the print is started then shuts off right away with lid open then goes scanning and get stuck there sorry i forgot to put scanning part in my main post

Posting in this section of the forum opens a support ticket, which slows them down. Next time if you’ve already opened a ticket and just want community support, post over in Everything Else instead. :slight_smile:

I can see that you’ve also reached out via email and that our support team has contacted you there. To avoid duplicate communication and expedite your process, I’m going to go ahead and close this topic.