State Plate Ornaments & Signage

I wanted to share some recent photos of our State Plate Ornaments and Signage with everyone. In total I made 54 designs that represent famous landmarks & landscapes from the 50 states, Puerto Rico, Guam and USA.

These are super quick to cut and assemble and have been sized and designed to minimize material wastage to maximize profits. These samples were cut using a Glowforge using 1/4" Purebond maple. The backings were colored using Unicorn Spit and the midlayers were stained to offset from the natural top layer.

Feel free to join me on Facebook for more info and to see how they are made.
Homestyle Customs - Glowforge Laser Designs & Community | Facebook

62 Likes

Impressive just for volume. The design process of making all 50 had to be a slog.

19 Likes

Thanks, It was a couple months, I also added Puerto Rico, Guam, DC and USA to make it 54 :slight_smile:

17 Likes

These are really nice; I like how the shape of the state is one of the negative space “clouds” in the sky.

14 Likes

Those are simply INCREDIBLE!

7 Likes

They are super fun. Thanks for sharing

7 Likes

Really nice! All of them are 3 layers?

7 Likes

Really great job, how big are they?

5 Likes

The signs are all very well done. That is a fantastic idea that I am sure to be a real hit. Thanks for sharing your work. :blush:

7 Likes

I’m really surprised people aren’t requesting to see their native states on here. This is one of those projects that people make and I’m aljust so glad they shared it, really, these are really cool.

With that said, I’d love to see how Hawaii and Utah turned out, please 🫶🏽 I actually just requested to join your FB group, so if they’re on there, I can also just hunt them down to see.

9 Likes

Really fun looking project and the few shown came out great.

I thought at first it was going to be copies of vanity plates. First thought was Florida having 120 of them, yikes.
A lot of non Florida police are always pulling the odd ones over. A guy I use to work with got one that had a bass tail on it and the local cops were pulling him over for a little bit until the word got out.

Anyway, you are safed by doing your own thing. Especially since they came out so well.

5 Likes

Those look fabulous!

2 Likes

Does the Texas plate have the option of splitting into 5 smaller plates?

4 Likes

These are great. But what really amazes me is no one has said ‘But Puerto Rico isn’t part of the USA!’ AUGH!

3 Likes

I admit I’ve always been drawn to the states. These are beautiful!

2 Likes

Yes all 3 layers and sized to maximize a glowforge sheet.

Thanks So much

Thanks Kelley!

1 Like

Ornaments are 4.5"x2.75" Signs are 10.9"x5.35". All sized to maximize a glowforge sheet

1 Like

Thanks Raymond.

7 Likes