Stationery Drawer/lap desk

I have been so busy with book work, my poor Glowforge was practically crying from loneliness. Luckily, a friend’s birthday gave me the perfect excuse to skive off a bit and play.

She LOVES to send greeting cards, so I made her a stationery drawer that can double as a lap desk.

P.S. She loved it. :heart:

45 Likes

I LOVE IT!!! Nice clean lines.

3 Likes

@JimmyWayneWestie Thank you! It’s not fancy, but it fits the bill and let me cut something! Hahaha

3 Likes

I enjoy building practical things like your project most of all. Looks very handy.

5 Likes

It is absolute perfection. It is simple, classy, great lines — truly does make an incredible gift.

I am a big fan of painting nearly all of my projects but this looks beyond great just being natural.

It does not need to be fancy. It is sort of like this—- you make an apple pie. It is a classic recipe that warms the heart when eaten—- it does not need to be put on a fancy plate or have any extras like caramel or even ice cream.

I see a side hustle for you. Janee’s Classic Stationary Caddy. Making them in PROOFGRADE would be over the top.

Now that I am a catalog designer for Glowforge I have been using the PROOFGRADE plywoods and they are incredible for cutting and engraving.

3 Likes

Very nice! Such a great gift.

3 Likes

@davidgal2 Thanks!! I’m really fond of the practical projects too!

1 Like

@JimmyWayneWestie I love the proofgrade materials best!! I’ve noticed I have a tendency to “save” it though. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

@rvogt Thank you!! She was already planning which card to send first before I left. :joy::heart:

3 Likes

A very nice gift!!

3 Likes

Aren’t you a sweetheart! Bet she loved it.

3 Likes

@ptodd Thank you!! :heart:

1 Like

@cynd11 Thank you. I think she did!! :heart:

Your pictures need a banana to show scale… :grinning:

Great job!

3 Likes

Thank you! I was fresh out of bananas at my studio! If I remember correctly, I think it’s about 15.25 x 10.25 x 2.5

2 Likes

Wonderful idea! This has inspired me for a very special binder I need to make, was thinking of making it like a box and this approach is better.

2 Likes

Oh, excellent!! sharing ideas is awesome!! :heart: :heart:

1 Like

Love the drawer/lapdesk concept. Really a nice use of the GF. A very functional and fun project! Kudos to you! Love the quote, too!

2 Likes

@MakerMatthew Thank you!! :heart:

I have found that the size of the top of a Glowforge is a size we can all relate to. Plus, when small enough, the top of the lid above the camera has the word Glowforge on it that everyone here can relate to :slightly_smiling_face:

Like so…

3 Likes