Stencils-poster paper

I mentioned in another post that I had a spray paint artist look me up recently for some stencils. We made a dozen of em tonight. They turned out FANTASMIC!

PROTIP: Lots and lots of neodymium magnets. The air assist blows everything all around. I had like 40 or so all over the bed. Putting them on cut lines helped, and then it was easy to just use a xacto knife to do the little quarter inch cuts that went on the magnet instead. It felt like it was just, a handful of anchors holding the positive and negative together . We accomplished in 3 hours what normally took him a handful of blisters, and a week of manual sketching and cutting.

His stencils have varying degrees of complexity, but most took around 3-5 minutes for the glowforge to do a cut operation.

I couldn’t take any pics tonight, but as part of compensation he is covering the table and booth fees for a small nearby con. ( Http://chapelcon.com ) and has agreed to let me use his pictures for full commercial use on my engrave stuff. (Just no spray painting, that’s his gig).

I will do some engravings to show later.

32 Likes

Sounds cool. Would love to see some pics!

2 Likes

Not sure why the website did not use www, but you will want to change the listing to just http://chapelcon.com

1 Like

I’ve done the same with sewing patterns. So much easier to iterate too.

Hopefully they will get that fan control working soon.

4 Likes