Still doing nightlights

The “Texas Star” nightlights that I previously showed here were very popular with my family. So much so, I’ve been busy making new designs and have even made some money selling them. A website is in my future, but for now, here’s my latest design.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week. Happy creating.

40 Likes

This is beautiful!

1 Like

I like your design because it is so different than any I have seen. :blush:

3 Likes

These are so pretty!

2 Likes

That looks great!

1 Like

This is really cool - what’s the base you’re using?

1 Like

Very creative, excellent effect with the tree on the textured background, congrats on making some sales!

2 Likes

NIce work!

2 Likes

So pretty! I’m trying to figure out the layers/materials ~ is it engraved acrylic in front of wood?

2 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/DEWENWILS-Nightlight-Daylight-Hallway-Bathroom/dp/B01HWKEKM4/ref=sr_1_7?dchild=1&keywords=DEWENWILS+Plug-in+LED&qid=1619114058&sr=8-7

3 Likes

It’s a piece of wood veneer sandwiched between two pieces of engraved clear acrylic.

It’s edge lit, but the effect I’m trying to accomplish is that the engraving on the front piece “pops” because of the wood behind it, while the engraving on the back acts as a backlight, similar to a shadow box.

This is a prototype. If I choose to sell these, the engravings will have to be simplified. It took a long time to engrave, despite being entirely done using scores.

3 Likes

That is just beautiful. I love the combination of wood and acrylic, I don’t think I’ve seen that on a nightlight before!

1 Like

Thanks for explaining ~ the effect is really beautiful (both it AND unlit)!

1 Like