Still hung up

…on embossing powder and coins of the realm. This is about 3.5" across…pretty much coaster size. Just a little ‘thing’ for my brother. Not a wooden nickel but a wooden denarii. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I really need to get a life and move on to other things…but, this is just so darned much fun! :relaxed: An offshoot of this is that it is giving me valuable learning time in my design app (Affinity Designer for Mac), which will pay off over the long run. With the glory…or should I say ‘glowry’ that is the Glowforge, the printing part took only about 30 min…but I have spent several hours working with the images that I used…not to mention the embossing and the weeding. Some of you may think I’m crazy, but considering my personality, I actually really enjoy weeding…the more intricate, the better. Now, I need to go spend some time in the kitchen. Bah, humbug!

68 Likes

One of these days, when things get back under control, you’re going to have to explain how you do that! Gorgeous! :relaxed:

12 Likes

Wow! to you? Feeling very humbled…I’ve always admired how you seem to already know how to do everything! :relaxed:

15 Likes

Wow, stunning! You are surely our resident embossing powder expert. I just love the look of that gold going around the Caesar head.

7 Likes

Bwahahahahahah!

Not even close! :wink:

7 Likes

That embossing is beautiful:grinning: Love how it adds texture to it.

Really?? I get fed up about 1 min in lol.
But for complete removal of all the little bits, now that I’ve found the duct tape trick, that saves me lots of time…

14 Likes

A beautiful piece!

5 Likes

What’s the gold stuff? Gold foil?

3 Likes

Very nice! You sure are progressing along the road to laser expert.

5 Likes

That is top notch. Good work!

4 Likes

Well, thanks…but hardly! Actually, I’m just beginning to become more proficient at designing and preparing files. The latter part owes to receiving LOTS of help from forum members here.

7 Likes

Embossing powder…actually plastic. You use an adhesive pen to mark the parts to be embossed, sprinkle the powder on, shake/tap the excess off, then use a heat gun to melt it on.

26 Likes

Neat. Will have to try that

9 Likes

Very cool! Totally have to try that! Any recommendation for brand to look for, etc.? Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Not really…I bought Ranger brand, but I think there are a couple others, as well. Here’s the first ‘coin’ I made;

If you read down in the post, there’s a photo of my powder supply and also some mention of how it’s done.

7 Likes

In the stamp dept at Craft stores…I may have to find my stash from gosh 10-12 years ago…wonder if it still works…lol

2 Likes

That stuff does age. You’ll get better results with fresh.

3 Likes

You peeps are embarrassing me with all the stuff you are doing and I don’t even have my Gloeforge yet.
I do not know if I will ever post any projects.:grin: Keep it up.

6 Likes

WOW! That came out amazingly!!!

3 Likes

Oh, please DO post projects when you get yours…everyone is doing completely different stuff and we’ll all want to see what you do, too! :relaxed:

4 Likes