Still stuck on "Focusing"

I posted last week when this started. I can cut/engrave a few things and then it gets stuck in “focusing.”

Dan, thank you for your reply. The thing is, the day before, for the first time and way before 40 hours of use I had gone through the cleaning process, wiped everything down so that I had an understanding of this process.

I just did it again, I removed the lens, etc. and wiped everything down with the wipes. It’s still stuck.

Argh. After a while (turned off and on, wiped again… and again), rebooted my router… finally got it to work. Except it did not cut properly. And, now it’s “focusing” again.

If you have cleaned the lens as well as the head camera (beside the lens bore) and the lid camera, then I don’t know. sorry.

It’s a bug-a-boo.

And I see that others have posted the same problem.

It works fine, then it doesn’t.

1 Like

If you could name a particular time of an occurrence including your time zone it would helpful to support to inspect the machine’s logs and diagnose.

Yesterday around 2pm-ish, I’m in Hawaii which is now 5 hours behind the east coast.

Last week… hmmm… in case this helps… the only thing I’ve done since the last problem was I managed to make myself a leather bracelet to try out the proofgrade leather.

I hoped it would work this morning, just turned it on, it sadly still won’t get past “focusing.”

I should also mention, it makes a noise while it’s “focusing.” Off and on, kind of like something is stuck.

… hang on, I may have discovered something (that needed a wipe). It’s now centering… I’ll edit this post again after cutting.

Shucks. I put in a medium draftboard, asked it to cut a small circle. It did not cut all the way through. Then I was able to try again… this time I tried a large and a small circle. It cut perfectly. But now it’s back to being stuck in “focusing.” The time is 7:50 am, Hawaii time.

Well, I gently wiped things again. Turned off and on a few times. Sounds like it wants to work… but also sounds stuck. I’ve got to do other things today away from my studio so I’m turning it off.

Someone from support will be reviewing this post, right? Or should I email them as well?

Thank you so much for the details. I’m looking into it now. As soon as I have more information I’ll update this thread.

OH! Thank you, lol… I didn’t see you there (already). Thank you so much. Let me know if there’s anything I can do to help on this end. Aloha! :slight_smile:

Aloha,

Yes i’m having the same problem. It gets stuck on “centering” and on “homing” - can’t get to lasering at all.
So same as Karen; Let us know if anything needs to be done.
(i’m also in hawaii)

Mahalo

Aloha Ahneyah,

I’m keeping my fingers crossed for both of us! :slight_smile:

Good morning!
Okay, stephen4, please accept my sincerest apologies. After reading through more and studying your photos in support, I believe during my zest to learn how to clean, I put the lens in upside down the other day.

I’ve just successfully printed two small items, I will print more today to make sure. This GF newbie is a bit embarrassed, and at the same time, hugely grateful. Mahalo nui loa, thank you so very much.

2 Likes

I’m glad you resolved it! I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!

@ahneyah.sophia please send a note to support@glowforge.com and we can work on your question over email.