StockUnlimited Vector Graphics Deal

Honestly kinda feel ripped off, there’s plenty of reuse images on google for personal use. I change my vote to a down vote, lol. Especially since they said, " a library containing hundreds of thousands of exclusive vector graphics ready for use. No complex licenses or red tape in sight." Why can’t there ever be someone up front and not some different thing that clearly changes after buying it?

oh well, there’s not going to be any changing it or getting my money back, you live and you learn.

3 Likes

Looked through it a little bit more and it looks like they have audio and fonts on there so those might come in handy if I can’t get the money back.

EDIT: just tried the fonts and audio, it says not included lol (but in all fairness that’s not stated on the package, However the No complex licenses or red tape in sight . clearly is.)

4 Likes

You should reach out to them with that feedback. Maybe they’ll tell you that you can use the images (i.e., we’re misinterpreting the license), or at least offer a refund. I thought they were pretty explicit about vectors only, but the “complex licenses” bit is BS.

4 Likes

You know, I kept thinking that it was nonsense like this that had me stop using The Hungry Jpeg. They claim you can use the stuff in commercial products, but only if you alter it sufficiently so that it’s basically a new design, which is useless for many of the designs. Anyway, turns out they’re all part of the same family of websites.

2 Likes

Well, I’m done with this. Their “refund” policy/statement whatever is very confusing, as is all the rest of everything of use on this site. At least for me. I’m out the $35 and will just consider it a gift to someone. :confused: :frowning_face:

2 Likes

That sucks. Hopefully you get some use out of the images.

1 Like

That is frustrating. Try to make the best of it for personal use, the site DOES have a ton of good stuff.

2 Likes

I attempted a refund and explained the situation in detail and they didn’t even address my refund request or the reasoning at all, they automated response me with. Hey Joshua, thanks for reaching out this is how you claim your code… etc.

I replied with You clearly didn’t read anything I sent you.

4 Likes

Frustrating, for sure. This isn’t the first time in my life I’ve jumped on something too soon, so lesson learned (again) and lucky for me that all I’m out is $35. It mostly makes me a bit angry with myself that I get so careless. The most painless way to deal with it is just to ‘let it go’.

1 Like

That was at least one part I caught early on in the process. The lifetime license is ONLY good for the vector images. All other content they have is a separate license/subscription.

2 Likes

This deal sounds much more clear-cut:

3 Likes

Totally agree

1 Like

Yea I agree that one sounds clear on the front as well but I was about to jump on that too but most of there stuff just looks like font writing and a few arrows so I decided to pass

1 Like

It does appear to be a big percentage of the catalog, but I’m not able to find a generic listing/search of the whole catalog. The free designs do have at least a non-zero percentage of more substantial stuff. I see borders/frames and icon-ish things.

Ultimately, I’d like to see what’s in the commercial catalog before dropping $100+. If anyone finds the catalog, I’d love to see it. Just looking through the Bundle pages is a partial view that isn’t fully selling me.

1 Like

To me it appears that the Free section is their whole catalog that you are paying to get unlimited licenses to sell them instead of using them for personal use. This is another thing I would be leery of, seems like another bait and switch technique to make it appear they have a lot more but in the title it says 6000 + and then in there free section there is just over 6000 that makes me feel like this is another no go.

2 Likes

Ah, that does appear right. I didn’t realize that was the same catalog.

I’m a little bit more alright with that then. The files are all free for personal use (it seems), but you can get an unrestricted commercial license for $2 each (or any image lifetime for the $129).

So looking at the free downloads, the elements of the “text-based” graphics can be separated out so that’s not quite so bad. It’s more work to use them probably, but all the little details in the full picture probably give you more options to mess with overall.

I don’t think I"ll ever get more than 65 images from them, so the lifetime subscription doesn’t make sense, but at $2 a pop that’s not a bad one-off cost.

1 Like

Agreed, I am glad I slowed down and looked at everything on their site first this time. Even though it is true commercial use I would have still been let down again and this time for a bigger cost. I can live with the $35 one cuz they have a lot of more interesting ones for personal use.

3 Likes

I’ve been playing around in their “Commercial Use Freebies” section today and that may just be a good place to bookmark and come back to every so often. Download the files and maybe use them later in a design. It’s not as nice as searching for exactly what you want, but I’ve been building a personal off-line library at a couple of sites like that for a while now and it’s proven useful at least once.

One thing I did realize while looking through the downloads is that the files themselves don’t have the license info built into them. For each file I download, I’m taking a screenshot of the license on that page so that I can always know which one it was downloaded under.

2 Likes

Yeah, it was really disappointing. I am a crappy designer but if I needed something like most that stuff, I could, like, make it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.