Stop Forging! (Just long enough to go vote)

Just wanted to reach out to all my friends (that’s ALL of you!) on the GF Owners Forum to say, if you’re a US Citizen, I hope you have voted, or will vote tomorrow. I really DO NOT CARE who you vote for (OK, I do, but this is NOT the forum for that), I just hope you do.

For our Non-US friends, I hope you did when you could!

Hope it’s a safe day for everyone. :smiley: I’ll be at the polls helping everyone participate so I’ll see you all Wednesday.

24 Likes

I voted last week. :smiley:

4 Likes

Awesome!!

1 Like

I’ve completed the privilege of the vote as well! Thanks for bringing this up!

4 Likes

First 10 minutes of early voting 12 days ago. I figure if I should pass away before the election then I was voting for my kids and grand kids. If any of my chosen candidates should pass away before election day, I felt their corpse might work harder than the alternative. VOTE.

BTW: be smart and don’t mention or even hint at political parties, ideologies, or candidates here otherwise the thread will be closed.

9 Likes

Best laugh of the day Rick, thanks for that! Very Twain/Will Roger-ish. Fits your Spock-like temperament perfectly.

@UrJac, I poped in here to post this thought. Well Done. (voted last week)

5 Likes

Already done. :wink: :us:

4 Likes

A little political humor from a Neighborhood feed:
(Yes, it’s still possible to laugh at the nonsense.)

"The Story of Old Butch"

Sarah was in the fertilized egg business. She had several hundred young pullets and ten randy roosters to fertilize the eggs. She kept records and any rooster not performing went into the soup pot and was replaced.

The record keeping took a lot of time, so she bought some tiny bells and attached them to her roosters.

Each bell had a different tone, so she could tell from a distance which rooster was performing. Now, she could relax on the porch and fill out an efficiency report just by listening to the bells.

Sarah’s favorite rooster, Old Butch, was a very fine specimen… but, one morning, she noticed Old Butch’s bell hadn’t rung at all! When she went to investigate, she saw the other roosters were busy chasing pullets, bells-a-ringing, but the pullets, hearing the roosters coming, would run for cover.

To Sarah’s amazement, Old Butch had his bell in his beak, so it couldn’t ring. He’d sneak up on a pullet, do his job, and walk on to the next one.

Sarah was so proud of Old Butch, she entered him in a Show and he became an overnight sensation among the judges.

The result was the judges not only awarded Old Butch the “No Bell Piece Prize” they also awarded him the “Pullet Surprise” as well.

Clearly Old Butch was a politician in the making! Who else but a politician could figure out how to win two of the most coveted awards on our planet by being the best at sneaking up on the unsuspecting populace and screwing them when they weren’t paying attention?

Vote carefully in the election. You can’t always hear the bells.

14 Likes

Not fair! Around here we can only do early voting if we have a really good excuse (like being out of town on the day).

4 Likes

Yet one more reason to vote. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

We don’t have early voting, but I’m traveling for work, so I got to submit an absentee ballot last week.

3 Likes

Wife and I voted Saturday…:grin:

3 Likes

We only have to be old. :joy:

4 Likes

No early voting here, but I intend to be over there tomorrow morning.

4 Likes

In Oregon, we have the privilege of voting by mail which makes it SO easy. That eliminates some reasons folks might come up with to NOT vote. We filled out our ballots on the afternoon they arrived and they were back out on the mailbox to be picked up the next day.

6 Likes

Ditto Colorado.
We have a Veterans Day coming up, and these people suffered for your right to cast a vote. Use it and honor their memory.

3 Likes

Absentee Ballot cast a couple weeks ago!

2 Likes

if you say, “i’m going to be out of town,” i don’t think the “out of town police” come to check to see if you’re actually home… :wink:

3 Likes

I wish we had that in Tennessee! Still, I pass 3 early-voting locations on my way in to work, so I guess I can’t really complain too much!

3 Likes

Girlfriend and I made sure to take care of this over the past weekend!

1 Like