Stop the junk mail!

Haha!

4 Likes

Well, I dunno about swinging from 1/4 wood glued together. But I concur - the glue is stronger than the wood!

2 Likes

Love it. You’re nicer than I am. Mine would probably say something like, “I don’t want your junk.” :wink:

1 Like

Hey, if I had thought it would have worked, I would have done that a long time ago :slight_smile:

As it is, I still had people cramming business cards into the cracks between the tape.

2 Likes

Good nest making material for the wasps.

3 Likes

We have almost none of that. We’re in a suburban neighborhood that was build all at once in the '80s. The houses all used to look alike, I think, but it’s been long enough that people have added on, changed the siding, etc. We might get 2-3 fliers a year. It’s funny how different it is depending on where you live.

2 Likes

That is funny, I also live in a 'burb about 20 miles from the city, but man we get people door to door, and constant junk in the newspaper tube. I even have a no soliciting sign on my door (that I made with the Glowforge) that did not stop the guy trying to sell pest control services a week ago :frowning:

Having said all that, I would not be surprised if I don’t get a letter from my HOA for modifying the mailbox. We even have to order replacement house number stickers from the company who supplied them all to conform to the “neighborhood standard” (guess why I know that? Because I got a letter saying my mailbox needed to be repainted a few years ago, which required new house numbers, which are just gold stickers in whatever font they deem acceptable). And yet, some people cover their tubes with silver duct tape.

1 Like

“How much to fumigate you to never darken my door?” or perhaps threaten with pepper spray saying that you use that to control pests right at the door?

I had a plague of prosteltutes once that I would have at a full run by the time they reached the property line. So the next time they show up with a baby to use as a shield :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I like the plug you made for your mail tube. Mine gets filled with junk fliers, so a cool initial plug would work great to fix that. Thanks for the idea. :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks! I do believe a better way to go is using @eflyguy suggestion to use less material. And, I realized the tube is metal so I missed an opportunity to figure out a way to secure it with magnets (I do love me some magnets :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

… have those spring type snakes jump out when all kinds of solicitors attempt to insert their junk flyers, business cards, etc.?

3 Likes

Great idea and great execution. Fortunately our newspaper slot usually had a birds nest most years.

1 Like