Stopping horizontal “drift” by recalibration?

Does recalibration prevent the horizontal drift of where my GF starts its print in relation to where it was expected to print?
Thank you-
Pb2u2
Andy

I’m not sure what you mean by “drift”, but if you mean that the print is happening in a different location than where you placed it, then yes, that is exactly what calibration is for.

Thank you, johnj.
Now, to get on that in the morning.
Stay healthy and safe! :+1:

This is a great question!

If you are experiencing trouble with alignment (design is not in the same position on the material as you see it in the Workspace) the Camera Recalibrator is a great tool to help improve your Glowforge’s performance.

Let us know how it goes!

I attempted the recalibration today. The next print I tried was still off at least 1/4 inch horizontally.
So, I have to order more draft board before I can try it again.
As Kurt Vonnegut would write…’and so it goes’.
Thanks- :+1::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

You can use the same board - just put new masking on it.

2 Likes

Be sure your :glowforge: is on a flat solid surface. If you’re seeing that much variation it’s likely the case is being flexed.

and yeah, definitely use the same piece over and over again - all you need is masking, and even without you can use the back side!

1 Like

@johnj thank you

1 Like

@deirdrebeth thank you. I wrote a note on the backside masking, so yeah, I will try new masking. Pb2u2

2 Likes

Hello, again.
I just tried the recalibration and after the print and then measuring steps it posted a note say the calibration was not completed due to an interruption.
And it has just sat there for a while.

It said no changes were made.
Now what?

I’m sorry about the ongoing trouble. I extracted the logs from your calibration attempts, and it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending that this one be repaired. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.

1 Like