Stopping Mid-job

I had the Glowforge quit cuts mid-cut over and over at about 1:45 CT today. I had a piece going through the pass through. It had already finished the engrave and scores and was doing simple cuts when it began stopping. It would stop and return home. I opened and closed the front door to make sure that the safety magnets were acting properly. Started the job again (after deleting parts that were done from the GFUI). Again it quit after a short cut. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. I ended up not running the rest of that job.

Can you check the logs and see what HQ sees happening? Thanks

Rob

I’m so sorry for the trouble.

Would you take a picture for me of the interlock on the back of your Glowforge Pro?

If the little metal bar isn’t settled into place the way it is in the picture, press it in and then try your print again.

Please let us know the result.

I did wiggle and press on that in the midst of my attempts. No change. What do the logs show as an error?

The logs indicated the prints were stopped because the sensor detected the interlock opened.

The logs show the interlock is currently closed, can you try another print?

Additionally, you can try reseating the interlock pin:

• Pull it all the way out
  • Insert it all the way back in
  • Try printing again

If you’re still having trouble, please let us know.

It’s been a while since we’ve seen any replies in this thread. I wanted to know whether you’re still having trouble with this? If so, let us know and we’ll get it solved.

I removed and reinserted the “staple” (interlock) and then Gorilla taped it in. I haven’t had a problem since. I’m not sure why it would ever come loose since I don’t access that area at all.

Thanks! Let’s call it closed.

2 Likes

Thanks for letting me know! I’m glad you were able to get printing again. However, I’d like to send you a replacement part that should take care of the problem without the need for taping the interlock pin into place. I’ll follow up by email to sort out the details.

1 Like