Storage of nicknacks - Thingamajig

My old storage boxes, 4 of em stackable

My new storage box, currently only 1 but soon to be 2. (also stackable)

My mentor, who first got me interested in Lasers, gave me this file 2 years ago. and until today never made the larger one. Wicked kewl design no glue needed holds itself together with pins from each of the 4 sides and bottom.

40 Likes

Nice! I need to figure out something to do with storage of stuff.

2 Likes

This is great. I think we can all use more storage. In my case a garage is not big enough.

3 Likes

I’m not sure what scares me more, The fact that my mentor knew I’d need this, or that there are still yet 2 larger sizes. (also which I haven’t YET made.)
:dizzy_face:

4 Likes

That is a neat design. I need to explore pins more. Sometimes the finger joints feel rather ordinary.

1 Like

I love that connection method. My regards to your mentor!
How do they hold up to twisting/racking?

2 Likes

They can be taken apart, but it takes a bit, the 4 smaller ones are 2 years old now and never had an issue with them. Including getting knocked over by the kittens.

2 Likes

The possibilities to style that box is ENDLESS. Paint, stain, decoupage, etc.

2 Likes

As strange as this may sound @JimmyWayneWestie, you are the one who would create a gargoyle to drain water. I’d just cut the pipe flush and let it go!

6 Likes

I like the gargoyle route :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

:blush: When I built my pizza oven I topped the roof with a cast resin dragon so the smoke from the chimney looked like it was coming out of its mouth.

Art is best when it elevates mundane tasks like draining water or channeling smoke :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

I need to see this!!!

3 Likes

I am absolutely blown away!!! You know me VERY WELL!!!

Yes —- I would create a gargoyle. I ALWAYS try to take everything to the next level.

Picture of column at Biltmore Estate. My front porch in Autumn. My dog themed Christmas tree. Every single ornament is doggy related.

My motto —- Anything Worth Doing Is Worth Overdoing!!

4 Likes

Utterly awesome :grin:

3 Likes

Is there any way I can get the SVG?

“Made on a glowforge” is the category for showcasing what you’ve designed and made. It is against forum rules to ask for files (that’s covered in the terms you agreed to when you signed up.)

If someone shares a print that they’ve made, please respect their sharing and do not ask for the source design or artwork. Designs take work and have value, and when you ask someone to give you that value for free, you undermine their work.

If the designer wanted to share, they would post over in “Free laser designs”, or include a link to their store in their profile.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

There are lots of resources here and plenty of sharing. However, we don’t ask for files. It is a common mistake, so don’t worry.

Here are the forum rules: FAQ - Glowforge Owners Forum

3 Likes

Amen to that.

1 Like