Storm Trooper Glowforge button guard

Having a little fun with the Pixel 2 AR stickers. This guy is guarding my Glowforge button.

21 Likes

In my experience they don’t make the best guards. But better than nothing :grinning:

7 Likes

I hope the GF can aim the laser better than the trooper.

4 Likes

Yeah, why does this feel like a reference to the registration problems some are having?

2 Likes

The glowforge’s aim is perfect, but the storm trooper is faster on the trigger. The glowforge, however, doesn’t go chasing after the first rebel it sees like a dog after a squirrel. If the glowforge had been on schedule the rebellion never would have succeeded, so if you’re pro-rebel I guess the delay was a good thing.

5 Likes

Ha! I wasn’t thinking about that but you are correct. Some? I would say every - just to different degrees.

So I guess I shouldn’t say that mine is well within a kerf on :proofgrade: ?

You can take an item, place it on the edge of the tray, and make a new cut with a presision less than the width of the beam spread?

Not quite at the edge, center half.

So I stand by my original statement. :wink:

I’m happy with my machine too. We just aren’t at automatic passthrough alignment yet. Until then the GF does have something in common with the troopers.

1 Like

Oh, I didn’t realize what you were doing when I first read the post. I thought the trooper was an actual model.

1 Like

You’re not the first. The Pixel 2 does a good job. Here is a bit of video of the thing.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/eZj2PdEboeOQjs5t1

So did I.

LOL, no kidding they can’t hit a dang thing. :slight_smile:

Very convincing. Even after I noticed the light wasn’t hitting him from the right direction, he still looked pretty real!