Stove top shelf

Do you have a stove with a ~3" wide flat top that’s just slippery enough that if you store stuff up there sometimes it slides off? Me too! #practical-cuts FTW!

Here’s a thing. I put adhesive craft foam on the bottom to give it grip on the stove.
Stovetop Shelf_V4
The little thing top right is so you can verify it works for your thickness material. I made it to require hammering to go together. I used non-PG plywood finished on both-sides that’s .115"/2.9mm thick.
The side piece might not be needed so it, and its related holes are different colours so you can turn them to ignore.

43 Likes

I am so proud of myself when I create a solution. The laser has enhanced that ability. Well done.

9 Likes

Now my solutions have like 93% less duct tape!

17 Likes

Great idea! I have a similar issue-hate having things drop behind the stove or on the counter. Thanks!

4 Likes

Great job! I kept telling myself I was going to design something similar at our last house but never did. Fortunately our new home has a separate oven/stove so I don’t have this issue.

4 Likes

Will be a nice solution for more than a few! Thank you for sharing!

2 Likes

I did this one. It works better hanging on the wall behind, but if you foamed the bottom of it, it should work great on the back as well.

9 Likes

Hey, thanks!

3 Likes

Folks here are genius; I love this community! Plenty of humor, too. Thanks to all.

4 Likes

Love it! Nice, thoughtful touch with the extra slot-checker too ~ thank you so much for sharing!

P.S. With all the creativity and ingenuity in this group, I’m anxiously waiting to see other creative uses for this. I’m still thinking…:thinking::blush:

4 Likes

This is so smart!

We have a slide-in (or whatever doesn’t have that back), but maybe I should make some sort of box for the space that is left back there… Hm.

3 Likes

A 2nd piece glued to the back that hangs down would give you the stopper that mine has - I wouldn’t want to rely solely on the foam!

Also - LOL - that’s adorable.

2 Likes

Yes! I mean, for nothing else salt & pepper or whatever spices you use for almost every meal :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks. I’ve been wanting to make something like this to gain some space above the stove. I keep debating about how dirty it will get and what I’d store there.

3 Likes

Dirt and ease-of-cleaning is why I used some of the stuff that was already finished on both sides!

1 Like

Such a great idea!

3 Likes