Strange noise coming from under the blue button?

I’ve had my GF for about 5 months and today while doing an engrave it started making a strange noise that seems to be coming from the area below the blue button. It almost sounds like a fan blade with something stuck in it. Is there a fan in that area??? It now makes this noise the entire time I am using the machine.

I think the intake fan is in that area. Probably best to wait for support to contact you before running it again.

Look under the front right corner of your Glowforge. There’s an air intake fan there, and it could have sucked something up from your table near the Glowforge.

4 Likes

I’m sorry to hear your Glowforge is making a weird noise.

Can you try the following:

1. Turn off and unplug your Glowforge

2. Carefully slide your Glowforge so the right side is hanging off the table like this:
    (The blue box shows where the two intake fans are)

1. If possible, apply a vacuum cleaner hose to this area.

2. Be sure to return your Glowforge to its intended position before trying to print again.

3. Please let us know the results!

2 Likes

Hello there, I just wanted to touch base since it’s been a few days since we’d heard from you. Were you able to clean out that area my colleague David mentioned? Thanks!

Hi @zrxlogistics. It’s been a while since we’ve seen any activity in this thread, so I’ll go ahead and close it. Please feel free to start a new thread, or write us at support@glowforge.com, if you require any further assistance. We’ll be happy to help. Thank you!