Streaks in engrave HELP

I’ve engraved about 30 or more of these over the past few days and this morning it started have streaks in the engrave. I’ve cleaned the machine, checked the file, re-uploaded the file and tried again and I don’t know what to do! I’ve got this order going out for a wedding and am stumped!

1 Like

Have you checked the black wheels on the gantry plate that the laser head rides on? One of those being cracked would be my first guess. If not that possibly an issue with the belt tension being too loose.

Here is the belt tension procedures

This section here talks about cleaning the air assist fan but describes how to take the plate off and put it back on if you have issue.

4 Likes

Yep one of those is cracked! You don’t know if one can be picked up at Home depot or Lowes or some place like that do you?

As far as I know glowforge needs to send you one. You may be able to work out something with them to expedite sending out the wheels or a new plate.

1 Like

Hello @regar.shannon, Thank you for reaching out to us. I’m glad to see that @primal_healer was able to help you find the cause of the trouble. We can absolutely get a new wheel ordered for you and sent via expedited.

I will need to confirm some personal information in order to get that part shipped out to you, so I’m going to send you a separate email. You should receive my email in a few minutes, but if you don’t receive it in the next 30 minutes please check your spam / junk mail folder. Once I know you’ve received my email, I’ll close this thread.

2 Likes

@regar.shannon its been a few days since we heard from you, so I wanted to check in. Did you receive the email I sent you to confirm your shipping information? If not, please check your spam or junk mail folder. If you still don’t find it, please let us know. We’d like to get that replacement part ordered for you so you can get back to printing. Thank you!

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.