Stripped screw... Aargh!

So, yeah I know you’re not supposed to start a sentence with ‘so’, but here I am…

Anyway, cleaning this morning, found this…

WTF?! The clamp is loose, no big deal. I just figured that the screw needed to be tightened.

Allen wrench located and inserted in screw head, which just spins in the hole with only minor resistance. Go to back it out, nope.

Just spins…

Finally get it out after laying a tiny strip of masking tape across the screw head… hole is stripped. Now what?

well, you can wait for support and probably return for a new tube, or you can try to re-thread the hole and put in a new screw from your local hardware store.

2 Likes

Yeah, already in the process of locating a suitable replacement, just aggravated… :confused:

1 Like

Thanks to being a freakin’ packrat, I was able to locate a stash of 4-40 stainless machine screws. Cut one down to size and back in business! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Being a packrat can be a good thing. I have coffee cans full of screws and bolts. You just never know when you will need one… :laughing:

3 Likes

mayo jars you can SEE into them on all sides. and the lids screw on so in case you drop it. you don’t have screws raining down all over :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m in the mobile electronics industry, so I’ve always had extra bits and pieces that are leftovers from product installations or accessories that were custom mounted. Until recently I had a box I keep under the kitchen cabinets, full of various hardware bits, but I cleaned it out and threw out everything that didn’t have a ‘household’ application. I probably would have had multiple screws at my disposal if I hadn’t cleaned it out.

I just had to dig through my previous attempts at organization. You know… those places you put things so you’ll know right where to find them. :wink:

3 Likes

:+1: :+1: Yes I do…

Oh no! I’m so sorry to hear about the loose screw. I’ve filled a report about this and passed this information along to the team.

That’s great to hear that you were able to get the screw replaced. It definitely sounds like that collection comes in handy.

Since this has been resolved, I’m going to close this post. Please start a new post or email us at support@glowforge.com if you have any other trouble.