Stuck at "Centering" or "Scanning"

As many others on here i seem to be in the same situation. GF seems to be stuck in a centering and scanning mode. Occasionally it will pop up and start working again but with no solution that seems to be 100% effective. I have tried leaving the lid open for 30 min, checked all the ribbon cables, cleaned the lens, rebooted PC/GF/Router all to no avail. I see people are getting replacement black ribbon cables for support but i really feel it is another issue altogether. I started having this issue last Monday, at that time i rebooted and it seemed to work but i decided to check the forum to see if anyone else is having this issue, when i checked i didn’t see any posts similar to my symptoms. This week it has been a lot more problematic happening more frequently and for longer times, so again i check the forums and i see no less than 5 posts with the same issue occuring at the same time. Being that people will have vastly different use times i can only assume that its a software issue and not a HW one. any other ideas are greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we send you a new lid cable. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details.