Stuck at rendering - again

Help! I created a design for a clock and earlier today it loaded fine. Then I made some changes to the file and now when I go back, not only does it take 30 minutes to load, my changes are gone!!! Please help. I’ve cleared my cache and any registry issues. Logged in and out of the app. Turned off my computer and back on again. Still my changes are missing! I was going to go back and separate the file into multiple files eliminating some designs from each one so the individual files were smaller. However, without being able to have the changes available, I’m at a loss as to what to do next…without having to try to make all the changes again - which were made within Glowforge - not an outside app.

https://app.glowforge.com/designs/8B3Xkde1/edit

The current Glowforge UI is not the tool to create anything more than the simplest designs. For more than that, you need to be using a vector graphics application.

Perhaps I didn’t give enough information. I created everything except simple circles in inkscape and uploaded it into the app. The only thing I added on in the app were circles and outlines.

The new changes will show up in the upper righthand corner and not change in the app. You will have to go retrieve them.

I use the absolute positioning and size of the previous stuff and copy that information to type in to the one with the changes, and it should go in and fit nicely.

Final fallback create a new design with the changed SVGs and re-add the circles and outlines.

Not sure I understand what you mean by the “upper right hand corner” to see the changes…?

Is where new designs usually arrive. I am frequently zoomed in elsewhere and it feels like the design did not load till I remember to look there.

I’m sorry to hear that you ran into trouble while making changes to one of your designs in the app using the trial design tools. I’ve shared detailed notes about this with our team so that they can investigate, and I’ll follow up here if we need additional details or information while we look into this.

Thank you for your detailed report which brought this to our attention. The team hasn’t requested additional information and is continuing to investigate, so I’m going to close this thread. If you run into other trouble, please let us know and we’ll be happy to help.